Basketball is an old sport. It has always been a craze for most sport lovers. Most countries are now learning to play Basketball and compete at national and international level. NBA (National Basketball Association) is one of the most popular Basketball leagues.
What is the objective of the game?
The main purpose of playing this amazing sport is to throw the ball into the hoop. The more balls you throw in the hoop, the more points you score. The game is played in outdoors usually in a rectangular court. As a player, one needs to learn the art of dribbling and passing the ball as the game involves more than one player. A proper Basketball game includes up to 12 players however; only 5 are allowed at a time.
Basketball works on certain rules to be followed like every other game. Let us take a look kids basketball rules on www.probasketballtroops.com/kids-basketball-hoop/ before you begin playing it.
Basketball rules: How to play basketball?
- Per team can have up to 5 players playing live on the court. You may replace the player anytime you wish during the game. Overall, each team has 12 players including the 5 who are on the court.
- The technique of playing the basketball game is by dribbling the ball or simply passing the ball to the player of your team. The moment a player puts both the hands on the ball, he cannot pass or dribble or move the ball anymore. He has to pass or shoot the ball in the Basketball hoop.
- Both the teams get 24 seconds to shoot the ball in the basket or hoop respectively. A shot is usually referred to as putting the ball into the hoop or hitting the rim. In case the shot fails in the given seconds, the round restarts to 24 seconds then.
- The team that is scoring by throwing the ball is called the offence at that time and the other team is known as defense. As per the basketball game, the defense team tries to stop the offense team by either blocking or interrupting the ball from entering the basketball hoop or basket.
- There are certain NOs to the Basketball game such as double dribbling, dribbling with both hands, goaltending, back court violation, and some more… These are not allowed during the game.
- There is a number of reaching fouls. Once the number of fouls is reached, the team is awarded with a free throw. The number of fouls committed is related to the number of free throws received by a player.
- One of the most important Basketball game rules is that every beginner must have proper understanding of the game, rules of the game, techniques to play, and the tools to use.
Once you have followed the rules well and practiced enough to be a pro, nothing can stop you from winning the game. The most important thing it to be passionate about any game that you are playing. Keep that fire burning inside your belly to play the game.